Thursday 15 October 2015

Weekend Bonanza, A Ready House Courtesy A Friend

This weekend I was at my friends place to celebrate his birthday. We both being non-vegetarian freaks we were looking forward to the delicious chicken biryani being prepared by bhabi. Thus, I was holding onto my hunger to gobble up a large portion of the delicious meal. Thus, the waiting period was on. Being an introvert by nature socializing is not on my cards. They were family to me. But sometimes, you can afford to remain silent when others invited are sharing the same sofa of the same drawing room. Thus, I got introduced to a gentleman named Shikhar. Tall, fair and handsome he was an amiable character hence the awkwardness was over after exchanging a few self-introductory lines. Interestingly, he was a person with a finance background. While talking about the current economic scenario of the nation we both were on the same page,full of praises for the current prime minister of India.

When we switched to the topic of personal finance I almost got switched off. But Shikhar knows how to not let the battery drain down. He nudged to get a few details from me. Probably he felt I was too naïve for this world as at the age of 40 I hadn’t got much in my hand in terms of investment. That’s why he felt, he is the god sent friend obliged to help me with that. We decided to meet the next weekend at my place to bring some sanity into my cash rich but investment nil bank account.

It was a lovely weather and I was in no mood to discuss the materialistic things. A strong coffee and good music would have been my choice, but a good friend definitely is worth a compromise. Shikhar was at my place at the scheduled time. We caught with some music, but he preferred tea. We were all set for some number crunching. He was absolutely annoyed at the misuse of liquidity. Having found out that I have no own house in the city, he suggested that with the market at its low it was the right time for me to buy ready to move duplex in Bhubaneswar. I believe my love for privacy owing to my much obvious reserve nature, prompted him to put a tick on duplex instead of a flat where bumping into people is a much-expected norm. Jokes apart, we had taken a quick yet important decision to buy a property.

I was supposed to search for a ready house for sale.My emphasis on the readiness of the house was in acknowledgement of the fact that I am not a person who could keep doing a regular check of the level of construction of an ongoing project. As I had been spending a big sum of money on monthly rent it made sense for me to look for ready to move house .Another added allure was, it would imply sparing myself the courtesy of meeting my landlord every month.

Well! It was when I actually started residing in the newly bought house that I realized that sipping coffee in the balcony clad with creepers and lots of plants of your very own house was one of the most beautiful feelings on earth. I could not thank less to my dear friend Shikhar for his precious advice. It had not only ensured well-managed personal finance but also changed my way of life, obviously for better.

No comments:

Post a Comment